If you have just whitened your teeth, you are probably enjoying your new look and all of the attention you have received! Now that you have invested in the appearance of your smile with professional teeth whitening, making it last is important! How long the benefits of teeth whitening lasts depends on you.
Here are some ways to extend the benefits of your professional teeth whitening treatment:
- Avoid using tobacco
- If you drink coffee, brush afterward (red wine, too!)
- Come in for regular dental cleanings
- Remember that color transfers from the foods you eat, especially right after you whiten your teeth
- Do occasional at-home touch-ups
- Avoid heavily dyed foods (cake frosting, bright drinks)
Using Custom Whitening Trays
If you notice the gleam of your bright smile starts to wear off and your teeth develop stains again, you can touch-up your teeth at home using your custom whitening trays. Most patients will need to touch-up their smiles at some point because staining is a natural part of life. We offer additional teeth whitening gel in our Vienna, VA dental office if you run out. You can also schedule an in-office whitening treatment for fast results and continue whitening at home to achieve the best results.